HEAD MASSAGE (SHIRO ABYANGA)
Deeply relaxing head, neck and shoulder muscle massage, it focuses on Marma points, where the life energy (Prana) is converted, regulated and stored.
- De-stresses the whole body and helps to get a good sleep, strengthens the nervous system;
- Improves blood circulation;
- Oxygenates the brain;
- Nourishes hair roots, helps to prevent excessive hair loss, premature balding and graying
- Reduces symptoms of headache, migraine, high blood pressure, insomnia, depression, eyestrain, tinnitus, jaw ache, sinusitis and many other diseases
FACIAL MASSAGE (MUKU ABYANGA)
Ayurvedic face massage is a cosmetic as well as a deep and effective therapy. This massage is carried out by applying herbal creams, massage oils, honey or herbal liquids and giving pressure to specific pressure points on the face.
- More relaxed muscles and tissues of face and neck
- Improved appearance of skin on the forehead, eyes, nose and mouth
- Healthy, glowing skin and reduced puffiness
- Reduction in symptoms related to sinusitis, allergies, jaw tension, eye strain, headache, stress, insomnia and many more
NECK & SHOULDER MASSAGE (GRIVA/ SKANDHA ABHYANGA)
In Ayurvedic medicine, neck and shoulders is important as a place that connects body with the head. All arteries and veins which supply to brain have relationship with the neck area. Pains in the neck can be due to an injury, a mechanical or a muscular problem or a rapped nerve. Hence, neck and shoulder massage can ease such neck pains.
- Reduces muscle pain, ache and tiredness
- Lubricates joints
- Reduces tenderness
- Increases blood circulation
FULL BODY MASSAGE (ABHYANGA)
Abhyanga is a massage of the body with large amounts of warm oil. This massage involves covering the patient in oil and then with smooth, gentle movements rubbing the oil deeply into the body. Abhyanga can be performed by two massage therapists working in synchronicity but it can also be done by oneself.
- Increases blood and lymphatic circulation specially in nerve endings
- Toning of muscles
- Lubrication of the joints
- Reduces fat
- Makes the skin soft and smooth
- Stimulates the internal organs of the body
PODIKIZHI (CHURNA PINDA SWEDA)
Podikizhi is an Ayurveda technique of fomentation in which the whole body or certain parts of the body are fomented and made to sweat, by the application of medicinal powders. A warm prescribed mixture of herbs tied in muslin pouches is gently pounded and pressed into the skin by the therapists in a rhythmic motion.
- Better mobility of joints
- Relieves pain, numbness and edema
- Improves peripheral blood supply
- Cures diseases like arthritis, paralysis and convulsions
- Stimulates the nerve endings
POWDER MASSAGE (UDVARTANA)
An ayurvedic expert is a master in some Udvartana techniques that help to break down cellulite under the skin. The ayurvedic powder massage is done in seven body positions by rubbing and massaging with pressure for a specific period. Powder Massage is done with wet or dry medicated herbal powders.
- Removes toxins from the body
- Helps to reduce abdominal subcutaneous fatty tissue and cellulite
- Tones and exfoliate the skin, reduces fat tissue and weight, makes skin radiant and glowing
- Removes body stiffness and helps to open blocked pores of skins
This is a treatment for eyes. In this treatment the eyes of the patient are filled with medicated oils or ghee or decoction.
- Cleans the eye
- Imparts a cooling effect
- Prevents eye diseases
- Strengthens the optic nerves
- Clears the eye irritation
HAND MASSAGE (HASTHA ABHYANGA)
The Hastha Abhyanga concentrates on stimulating these acupuncture points and energy meridians in order to help the body easily manage extra toxins.
- General fatigue decreases
- Increased mobility of the joints
- Joint pain is prevented
- Improves the elasticity of ligaments
- Decreased swelling of the upper limbs
- Restores skin elasticity
FOOT MASSAGE (PADA ABHYANGA – FROM THE FOOT UP TO KNEE)
Ayurvedic foot massage profits the entire body as well as the nervous system, rubbing feet gives a massage to the whole body. Thus, Ayurvedic foot massage helps to strengthen the nerves and restores health to many parts of the body. Also it helps to treat various illnesses and is significant in their prevention.
- Calms the mind
- Improves eye sight and haring
- Improves blood and lymphatic circulation
- Activates the detoxification process
- Balances emotions
- Very helpful in curing insomnia, fatigue, constipation, migraine, cramps and eye diseases
LEG MASSAGE (NALAKINI ABHYANGA)
The Nalakini Abhyanga leg massage helps relieve and prevent many problems such as varicose veins, tightness or cramp in muscles after exercise, puffiness or swelling and fatigue. This is done by stimulating circulation through gentle, but deep massage.
- Stimulates lympho – and blood flow
- Removes puffiness
- Tones up muscles, skin and blood vessels
- Eliminates tension, pain, spasms
- Prevents stress
- Activates the immune system and trains cardiovascular activity
BACK MASSAGE (PASCHIMA ABHYANGA)
Ayurvedic back massage is a unique technique to relieve back pain. Ayurvedic back massage consists of various steps and pressure applications on different points near the spinal cord, which helps to relax and eases the pain
- Relieves back pain
- Relaxes back muscles
- Improves blood circulation and lymphatic drainage to back
- Reduces tenderness
- Reduces stress